- Hey hey hey – It’s Taco Tuesday. If you are looking for a switch up to your regular tacos – take this for a spin. You won’t even miss the meat!
Servings 10 tacos
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 10 corn/flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado, romaine lettuce, cotija cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place sweet potatoes on top. Drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle evenly with cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. (It may be easier to mix these spices beforehand and sprinkle the blended result instead of each one individually) Bake in oven 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Toss once midway through baking.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add onion and saute until carmelized about 5-6 minutes, adding garlic during the last 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in drained black beans, corn, honey and lime juice. Heat until warmed through. Toss in the roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro. Serve in warm tortillas with desired toppings.
Source: Cooking Classy